The hospice has been providing care to people with life limiting illnesses since 1989, this includes cancer, motor neuron disease and chronic heart and lung disease. The hospice provides advice and guidance to help patients live better with their illness, with over half of in-patients eventually feeling confident enough to return home. Others choose the safety and dignity of the Hospice for care at the end of their life.
The care doesn’t stop at the patients, as the hospice provides help and support to the carers and families of patients who often need just as much.
Unfortunately, only approximately 25% of the cost is covered by the NHS, meaning they have no choice but to rely on fundraising to make up the other 75% – which equates to over £3m a year!
Click here to read <span style="font-size: 18px; color: #95c13d;"><strong>Save the date!</strong></span>.